Πέμπτη 24 Ιουνίου 2021

The pirate of dreams(Ο πειρατής των ονείρων)Sakis Athanasiadis-English translation Eva Johanos

  The pirate of dreams-Sakis Athanasiadis

Μετάφραση στα Αγγλικά- Eva Johanos

 

The pirate of dreams

I ruined all my shoes

walking in thousands of dreams

in the sun in the rain

asking the wind

if you are thirsty for one of my kisses

The first time I saw you in a dream

you were naked and argued with the waves

I ran in a hurry to embrace you

but your eyes cried out that I must leave

It is very late for us to walk on the sea

in a little while the day breaks and the dream ends

the next time I will surrender to you

that your blood will never grow cold, you said

Countless nights I ran far from the body

and waited in unknown seas for you to appear

to capture you like a pirate but you never came

however I remember one time a star that fell

its intense light that burned my eyes

my soul hurt for days at work

I ruined all my shoes

walking in thousands of dreams

I quit the cities I travelled to the villages

in the springtime to meet you

In a sweat I awoke in the morning

and the thing I remembered each time I awoke

is how I saw you naked in the snow

running far away so I couldn't reach you

But now that the laws lock the cities

I bought new shoes

to run far from the winters

that my blood never grow cold.

Sakis Athanasiadis

(translation: Eva Johanos)


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου